- This event has passed.
STHLM – Global Legal Hackathon in Stockholm hosted by Synch
February 22, 2019 - February 24, 2019Free
Synch is hosting the second Global Legal Hackathon in Stockholm!
The Global Legal Hackathon engages law firms, LegalTech companies, law schools and governments internationally to bring together legal innovators. The goal is to support rapid development of solutions to improve the legal industry worldwide.
This is a real hackathon. It is expected that teams will build working applications, proofs of concept, or prototypes, as well as presentation materials to explain, pitch, and present the application. Participants are encouraged to form teams prior to the event to ensure that teams have the requisite skill sets to actually create a legal tech application and the related pitch and presentation materials but all teams must be willing to accept individual participants on the first day of the event. Teams must arrive at the event having not begun development, though they can have pre-discussed ideas or agreed upon an idea and recruit team members to help develop it over the weekend.
Teams must consist of a mandatory minimum number of three (3) participants with a suggested maximum of six (6). Ten (10) people is the absolute max.
How to pick an idea?
Teams can work on any idea that is of interest to them, provided that ideas are related to the legal industry.
The categories that are required are
- Progressing the business of law; or
- Facilitating access to justice.
- February 22, 2019
- 4pm: Sign in and Registration
- 5pm: Kick-Off and Team Formation
- If someone wants people to join their team, they can pitch a 60 second idea to all of the attendees.
- 6pm: Hacking Begins!
- 9pm: Venue closed.
- February 23, 2019
- 8am-9pm: Full Day of Hacking
- February 24, 2019
- 8am: Hacking
- 3pm: Presentations are due to host organizers (though teams can continue to work on their solutions until presentations begin)
- 4pm: Pitching to Judging Panel
- Team pitches are limited to five minutes sharp!
Attendees must acknowledge acceptance of the GLH rules to participate in the event. This can be done by electronically signing the agreement here: https://app.hellosign.com/s/f9
Attendee knowledge base is available here.